Assassin’s Creed Origins Logo & Protagonist Artwork Leak Via Merchandise

With E3 just around the corner, we’re not too far off official announcements, but nonetheless, the annual pre-show leaks have begun, with Ubisoft’s forthcoming Assassin’s Creed title being outed as “Origins”.

Rumours had been suggesting the next Assassin’s Creed game, previously known as “Empire” would be set in ancient Egypt, and the new merchandise found in the wild this week seems to validate these whispers.

As you can see, the familiar Assassin’s insignia now features an Eye Of Horus, or possibly Eye Of Ra glyph – a symbol representative of protection, royal power and good health in Ancient Egypt.

The main body of the tee’s artwork appears to be the game’s central player character, Ba Yek, who’s carrying a bow and shield – which will add some ranged attack options – although series fans will be pleased to see these sit alongside the traditional close-combat hidden blade gauntlets.

We believe Assassin’s Creed Origins is set to launch in early March 2018, but expect confirmation during E3 week, with the pre-event conferences kicking off June 10th.

Advertisements
Assassin’s Creed Origins Logo & Protagonist Artwork Leak Via Merchandise

Nintendo Developing A Zelda Title For Smartphones, Report Suggests

Sources have told The Wall Street Journal that Nintendo’s highly rated Zelda franchise is headed to mobile.

If true, the Zelda smartphone app would likely follow the forthcoming Animal Crossing title, which WSJ expect to be releasing towards the back-end of 2017. Of course, this schedule could change, especially given the success of The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild on Nintendo’s new Switch console.

Both Nintendo and mobile partner DeNA declined The Wall Street Journal’s request for further comments on this matter.

Nintendo Developing A Zelda Title For Smartphones, Report Suggests

“Project Rap Rabbit” Announced As Collaboration Between PaRappa & Gitaroo Man Creators

Two of the leading names in classic rhythm action gaming are teaming up for a new project, it’s been announced.

Project Rap Rabbit is in production with Masaya Matsuura and Keiichi Yano, creators of PaRappa the Rapper & Vib-Ribbon and Gitaroo Man, respectively, at the helm.

The new game – rumoured for a while – is now being officially described as “a new story-driven, rhythm-action adventure”, although little else has been revealed.

Both Gitaroo Man & PaRappa – a PlayStation classic from 1996 – which recently saw a PS4 remaster – come from highly regarded studios in their day, and a collaboration between NanaOn-Sha and iNis is certainly exciting for fans of the genre.

Keep your eyes on the official website and social media pages for more information as and when it’s available. (ProjectRapRabbit.com / Twitter / Facebook.)

“Project Rap Rabbit” Announced As Collaboration Between PaRappa & Gitaroo Man Creators

Alan Wake Being Removed From Xbox & Steam Stores Due To Licensing Issues

Remedy Entertainment’s Alan Wake is being pulled from the Xbox & Steam storefronts this coming Monday, May 15, due to expiring music licensing, it’s been announced.

For those looking to pick the game up before it’s too late, Remedy have knocked 90% off on Steam and GOG, and this sale will even include Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – although that particular title will remain after the weekend cull.

Of course, once you own the game it will remain in your library. It will just no longer be offered on store pages.

“The music licenses for Alan Wake are expiring,” said Remedy “As a result, the game is going to be taken out of physical and digital retail. Alan Wake’s American Nightmare will stay in retail.

Remedy are apparently looking to re-license the music for Alan Wake, but there’s no timeframe on if-or-when it may reappear.

Alan Wake Being Removed From Xbox & Steam Stores Due To Licensing Issues

UK’s National Healthcare Computer Systems Hit By Ransomware Cyber-Attack

Numerous NHS hospitals across the UK have been hit by a major cyber-attack, causing ambulances to be diverted and scheduled operations to be cancelled, it’s being reported tonight.

The malware attack which has infected machines across Europe has spread to UK healthcare systems, leaving staff unable to access important patients’ records, although at present there’s no indication any medical data has been stolen. Several A&E departments are telling patients not to visit unless it is a “genuine emergency” or “an urgent or life-saving matter”.

NHS Digital, the branch of the health service dealing with the attack, has issued a statement which includes the following:

“The investigation is at an early stage but we believe the malware variant is Wanna Decryptor.

“At this stage we do not have any evidence that patient data has been accessed. We will continue to work with affected organisations to confirm this.”

As of Friday evening it is thought up to 40 NHS organisations were affected.

UK’s National Healthcare Computer Systems Hit By Ransomware Cyber-Attack